Area Sales Manager – Crosswater Retail (Field based – East Anglia and North London)
- Full Time Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:30pm
Summary of duties
Responsible for the continued success and development of sales strategies within assigned geographical area as well as awareness and feedback on competitor activity. Extensive analysis and review of sales strengths and weakness per customer, brand etc [Phocas]. The continued development and management of our showroom partners with the promotion of all brands and gaining / retaining displays [Showroom display audits]. Work in close partnership with the Credit Control manager to ensure that all accounts are paid in accordance with payment terms.
Key areas of responsibility
- Customer intimacy constantly monitoring performance, sales strategies aligned to agreed budget objectives and competitor activity.
- Implementation of business sales strategies across Sales Area to ensure the ongoing achievement of sales targets by customer, brand and area.
- Regularly review and agree territory sales strategies with line manager, continuously monitoring and reviewing performance.
- Terms Framework Management – Quarterly review and update aligned to Crosswater criteria.
- Developing greater commitment (Display & Revenue share) with those businesses identified as providing the greatest opportunity for return on investment.
- Regular daily usage of the Phocas system.
- Regular daily usage of the iPad Showroom App to include order processing, display order processing, customer data and showroom display detail.
- Continuously identify and pursue target accounts in areas of geographical weakness ensuring that CW has the right dealers for each brand.
- Provide high levels of customer service responding effectively and timely to both internal and external enquires in line with the high service standards expected of CW.
- Ensure that our displays within customer showrooms are maintained to the highest standards as well as undertaking regular showroom audits to ensure the maximisation of display space.
- Actively seek local contract opportunities (Retail to Projects).
- Ensure that every customer appointment is effective and objective focused (journey plan with objectives) and keep all samples in pristine condition for presentation to customers.
- Regular communication of discontinued lines to customers and the selling of new displays to retain area.
- Attending Exhibitions, Trade shows and outside normal hours events when required.
- Expenses management as well as attending sales meetings as and when required.
- Sales Performance to Budget – by Area, by product group, by customer.
- Creating & achieving strategic objectives aligned to Budget drivers.
- Creating and maintaining account plans for Showroom and Trade sales development.
- Display management to budget and NPI execution to achieve ROI.
- Maintains high customer satisfaction ratings that meet company expectations.
- Commitment to Training programme and visible signs of learning and improvement.
- Delivery of Customer Training Programme.
Experience & skills
- Education & Experience: preferably a minimum 2 years sales experience.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve & exceed sales plans.
- Strategy development, project management and problem solving.
- Exceptional negotiation skills and objection handling.
- Ability to build positive working relationships, both internally and externally.
- Ability to effectively present information and negotiate with all levels of management.
- Courage – Taking on difficult and challenging situations
- Relationship Building – Building new relationships
- Drive – The motivation to push forward with challenges and goals
- Collaboration - Working well with others in joint endeavours
- Motivator – Energising customers towards our goals
- Creativity – Coming up with new and innovative ideas
- Strategic Mindedness – Focussing on medium and longer term, bigger picture view, seeing patterns and themes across current and future challenges
- Results focus – Maintaining own focus towards achieving results aligned to budget expectation
- Decisiveness – Taking and implementing decisions in a timely manner, when needed
- Initiative - Stepping up and getting on with what is needed
- Hybrid working
- 21 days’ holiday starting plus Bank Holidays and an extra day added for each year of service, capped at 25 days;
- Auto enrolment government pension scheme;
- 4 x salary life assurance;
- Access to an employee assistance programme;
- Quarterly nights out with the team, paid for up to £25 per head;
- Discounted gym membership at the Hilton doubletrees;
- Christmas party and Summer Family Fun Day;
- Discounted travel prices on Arriva public transport in Kent;
- Contributory defined contribution pension scheme;
- Premium watch such as rolex for 10 year’s service;
- Fabulous working conditions https://www.bathroombrands.com/behind-the-scenes
To apply for this role, please send your CV and a Covering Letter to [email protected].