industrial designer - mid-weight
- Permenant, Full-Time
- Monday to Friday
- 08:30 until 17:30
- Location: Dartford, Kent
Summary of duties
The Bathroom Brands group is on a mission to be an internationally recognised and design-led bathroom interiors company. We are market leaders in the UK and have big international plans. Our portfolio includes the brands Crosswater, Burlington and the new Clearwater Interiors.
We are looking for a seasoned, mid-weight Industrial Designer to join our Product & Design team, based in our purpose-built facilities in Dartford with flexibility for hybrid work. This exciting new role provides the opportunity to your flex your industrial design, engineering and visualization skills as well as take on new challenges through a varied set of responsibilities in an agile team. You will have the opportunity to work on our exciting and ambitious NPD plans, helping to shape the design-led vision of the Bathroom Brands Group.
This role offers the opportunity to develop your career in the interior design industry, see your designs come to life in the market and benefit from exposure with internal and external stakeholders to build your personal brand.
Key areas of responsibility
You will be working closely with the head of design to execute the design strategy, developing innovative concepts through the design process to launch.
You will be key to ensuring concepts are developed to their full potential and suitably guided through the design process.
You will have an active role in the development of the design language at Bathroom Brands, drawing from experience to drive best-practice in all aspects of the design process.
You will oversee the development of technical assets for new product launches, ensuring technical accuracy and brand guidelines are followed to a high detail.
You will lead the development of trend research reports blending internal and external inputs, attendance to key events and your own research.
To be successful in your application, we are looking for the following requirements, as well as a portfolio that demonstrates a wide range of skills from concept through to manufacture.
- Minimum of 3 years of industry experience.
- Degree educated with experience working in either a in-house design team or design consultancy with exposure to manufacturing.
- Proficient in 3D CAD - Including surfacing and. We run SolidWorks
- Must have strong visual communication skills
- Confident creating high-quality visualizations and experienced making animations in Keyshot.
- Capable of interpreting briefs and confidently communicating ideas with fluent hand sketching skills.
- Must have a sound knowledge of the Adobe Suite. Specifically, Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Solid experience developing and producing high quality 2D data assets such as installation manuals and design specifications.
- Experience managing large databases such as Airtable and confidently working with project management apps beneficial.
- Experience with AI prompting and active interest in the growing AI design tools landscape.
- Active interest or experience in interior design beneficial
- Ability to mentor junior members of the Design team.
- Ability to travel internationally to key design events like Salone del Mobile and ISH.
- Strong organisational skills and high attention to detail are essential.
- Confident communication skills, able to lead collaboration across departments, leading research, workshops and design ideation.
- Self-motivated team player, with a positive and proactive approach.
- Strong creative background, capable of balancing creativity with pragmatism
- Good understanding of aesthetic sensibility
- 25 days of annual leave (option to purchase and sell up to 5 days).
- Hybrid working policy.
- Opportunity for travel to international exhibitions.
- Fabulous working conditions including a games room on site.
- 4x salary life assurance.
- Access to a wellbeing programme.
- Discounted gym membership at Hilton Doubletrees.
- Quarterly nights out with your team.
- Summer family fun day and Christmas party.
- Premium watch such as Rolex awarded for 10 years of service.
- Free parking on site.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and a Covering Letter to [email protected]