Category manager: Shower and bath
- Full Time Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:30pm
Brief summary of duties:
The Bathroom Brands group is a market leading bathroom supplier with a number of well-respected brands including Crosswater and Burlington.
As the category manager, you will be responsible for managing our Shower and Bath categories (including enclosures and trays) across all brands within our portfolio. With the support of the Head of Design you will develop and execute strategies to drive sales, improve profitability, and enhance customer satisfaction through improved quality within your categories. Your role will involve market research, analysing data, identifying trends, and collaborating with cross-functional teams to achieve business objectives.
You will also manage the existing portfolio of products through their life cycle, sourcing new products, managing the phase out of existing ranges with the objective of supporting the business increasing market share in all key trading channe
Key areas of responsibility:
- Develop and implement category strategies aligned with overall business objectives.
- Conduct market research to identify customer needs, preferences, and trends within the category.
- Analyse sales data, market reports, and competitor information to identify opportunities and develop pricing and promotional strategies.
- In conjunction with the Supply Chain team Identify and evaluate potential suppliers.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as marketing, sales, operations, and finance to develop and execute category plans.
- Monitor and analyze category performance metrics, including sales, profitability, and overall product vitality for your categories.
- Stay up to date with industry trends, market dynamics, and emerging technologies related to the category.
- Provide regular reports and updates to senior management on category performance, strategies,and initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with company policies, industry regulations, and ethical standards.
- Creating and developing a strategic long term plan for the development of the category.
- Developing an exit phase out strategy for unsuccessful products.
- Leading category management projects through the company’s Stagegate Process to optimise performance.
- Manage the introduction of new products in conjunction with the NPI project manager.
- Build strong relationships with key suppliers and support procurement director in improving supplier performance.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a product category manager, product management or Lead Buyingrole.
- Knowledge and experience in Shower Glass and Bathing within the KBB sector.
- High numeracy and literacy skills.
- High degree of personal organisation in a complex, fast paced environment.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Requirement to be a self-starter with ability to both “think big” whilst also being able to manage the minutia associated with product introductions and development.
- Strong team ethic and supporter of team as well as personal objectives.
- Ability to communicate and influence at all levels of the organisation.
- Flexibility to be able to travel internationally to visit factories or exhibitions.
- Works collaboratively to ensure the department objectives are achieved..
- Treats people fairly, with respect, impartiality and consistency.
- Leads by example and is a Role Model/ Example setter for the team.
- 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays for professional services.
- Auto enrolment government pension scheme;
- 4 x salary life assurance;
- Private healthcare salary sacrifice scheme;
- Buying and selling of annual leave available;
- Financial support programme available;
- Access to an employee assistance programme;
- Quarterly nights out with the team, paid for up to £25 per head;
- Discounted gym membership at the Hilton doubletrees;
- Christmas party and Summer Family Fun Day;
- Discounted travel prices on Arriva public transport in Kent;
- Contributory defined contribution pension scheme;
- Premium watch such as rolex for 10 year’s service;
- Fabulous working conditions https://www.bathroombrands.com/behind-the-scenes
To apply for this role, please send your CV and a Covering Letter to [email protected]