- Full Time Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:30pm
Summary of duties
Reporting to the Head of HR provide a robust and business focused HR service; including but not limited to employee pay and reward, training and development, appraisals, performance management, employee relations and the entire employee life cycle. Providing management advice and support that complies with employee legislation and best practice.
Key areas of responsibility
- Provide generalist HR advice and support to all employees and managers within the business, and act as key point of contact for employment legislation and best practice advice.
- HR representative for investigations, grievance, disciplinary, performance management and other employee relations matters.
- HR representative and support for recruitment and on boarding, including the creation and updating of Company PSL.
- Recruitment administration; including the preparation of interview and selection centre packs, the advertising of positions on approved job sites and databases, shortlisting of candidates against JD and PS, liaising with line Managers and candidates.
- Provide assistance and support to the Head of HR on all HR matters, HR administration and payroll procedures.
- Process all new starters administration, including inclusion on payroll, the HR database and ensuring that all necessary documents and information are obtained in a timely manner.
- Apply for references for all new starters and provide reference requests in standard format for allleavers.
- General filing, administration and office duties as directed by the Head of HR.
- Co-ordination and administration of the Personal Performance Plan’s, including providing manager training and support and the identification of training needs.
- Co-ordinating and administering Company training and development programme and liaising with external bodies as required.
- Process, maintain and provide timely and accurate HR data using the HR database, as well as updating and maintaining the HR electronic filing database.
- Oversee the HR inbox and ensure that all queries are dealt with in an effective and timely manner.
- Monitor probation periods, liaise with Managers and send letters to confirm completion or extension.
- Oversee the absence management process, including the monitoring of self-certification, return to work forms and fit for work notes. Updating the HR database, the completion of the Bradford Factor report and the updating of payroll.
- Oversee the leaver process, including calculating annual leave entitlement, sending confirmation of leaving letters, and processing on the HR database and payroll.
- Undertake exit interviews with leavers, and advising of any potential issues.
- Act as first point of contact for all maternity, paternity, parental leave and flexible working requests.
- Complete medical records access requests, including requests to doctors, consultants and other medical practitioners, as well as referrals to occupational health.
- Administer the end of year bonus scheme, including timely liaison with Managers to prepare SMART objectives, confirmation of objectives achievement and recommendations for payment.
- Preparation of Job descriptions and Person Specifications in line with Company standards.
- Responsible for administration of NEST and Standard life pension schemes.
- Deal with queries in the absence of the Head of HR, escalating where necessary.
- Any other duties consistent in nature with those outlined above.
Experience & skills
- Minimum of 3 years previous experience within a generalist HR environment at Officer level
- Experience of supporting Managers in a variety of departments at different levels in all aspects of HR and training
- Understanding and practical knowledge of employment law and employer best practice
- CIPD essential
- Organised and methodical approach to administration and record keeping
- Detailed focused and pragmatic in approach
- Conscientious and self-motivated
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good MS Office skills
- A team player requiring minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
Key Internal & External Relationships
- Supervisors, Managers and employees across the business
- Initial point of contact for external suppliers and customers
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays;
- * For customer services, warehouse, transport and internal projects, 21 days’ starting plus bank holidays, with an extra day added for each year of service, capped at 25 days;;
- Auto enrolment government pension scheme;
- 4 x salary life assurance.
- Private healthcare salary sacrifice scheme;
- Buying and selling of annual leave available;
- Financial support programme available;
- Access to an employee assistance programme;
- Quarterly nights out with the team, paid for up to £25 per head;
- Discounted gym membership at the Hilton doubletrees;
- Christmas party and Summer Family Fun Day;
- Discounted travel prices on Arriva public transport in Kent;
- Contributory defined contribution pension scheme;
- Premium watch such as rolex for 10 year’s service;
- Fabulous working conditions https://www.bathroombrands.com/behind-the-scenes
To apply for this role, please send your CV and a Covering Letter to [email protected]