MHE & Warehouse Trainer
Brief summary of duties
Crosswater are looking for a MHE and Warehouse Trainer to train staff on manual handling equipment and all other warehouse training required whilst maintaining safe systems of work and enforcing Health & Safety standards. The ideal person will be a confident communicator who has a flexible approach to work to liaise with our operational teams. All training will be provided to the successful candidate.
Key areas of responsibility
- Effectively leading the site Health & Safety culture as No1 on the agenda.
- Completing / supporting site inductions of MHE / Manual Handling for all FTE / Agency staff.
- Supporting the Risk Assessment (RA) / Safe Working Practices (SWP) completion with the nominated person/s.
- Providing a consistently high level of technical skills training to support the operations area through a variety of delivery methods.
- Working as part of a close team ensuring that that all training is completed and recorded in line with company policy.
- Developing a site skills matrix that enables the delivery of all MHE training and ensuring the skill level of all MHE operators is satisfactory and ensure that refresher training is completed within specified time frames.
- Actively managing the number of MHE operators to minimise skill fade and risk from inexperienced and infrequent users.
- Ensuring the on-going competence of all MHE operators through the delivery of refresher training, recorded workplace assessments and where appropriate other training following the identification of unsafe practices or following accidents / incidents.
- Assisting and advising in the investigation of any on-site and MHE related incidents / accidents.
- Maintaining a proactive approach to ensure continual reduction in risk from MHE operations and where appropriate developing learning from experience briefings to prevent further occurrence.
- Assisting in the creation of Safe System of Works and suitable and sufficient risk assessments of MHE activities.
- Ensuring hazards are correctly identified and control measures introduced to eliminate or reduce the risk as so far as is reasonably practicable and ensuring these are trained out to all relevant staff.
- Reviewing the GAP analysis of the safety audits with site management to ensure that all areas are completed.
- Liaising with Training manager to ensure that all site training requirements are covered across all shifts.
- Working as part of the training team in ensuring that that all training is completed and recorded in line with company policy.
- Participating as an active member of the wider management team and to offer suggestions for solving problems, improving site safety.
- Compiling all data and information required for the accurate production of KPI and Monthly Reports as required by the Management team.
Key skills, Experience an Qualifications
- RTITB or ITSSAR accredited is desirable but not essential as training will be provided for the successful candidate.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail.
- Must be a team player who can work on their own initiative.
- Able to work to tight deadlines.
- Must be flexible in approach to work and shift patterns in order to cover for training.
- Should have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to solve problems.
- Excellent people coaching & development skills.
- Strong operational experience within a warehouse/logistics environment.
- Proven ability to be confident in communication and networking at all levels.
- Good presentation and influencing skills – the ability to convince others of a point of view, or position to gain their support.
- Self-motivated with a proactive approach and demonstrate a `can do` attitude.
- Ability to focus on solution rather than problems.
- Proven track record on delivering quality outputs as a priority.
- Achievements & Drive.
- Achieves objectives as agreed relating to Operational & Quality targets set by the Training Manager.
Collaborative & Teamwork
- Work collaboratively to ensure the department objective are achieved.
- Demonstrate the Crosswater core values and cultures.
- To protect and promote the organization reputation internally and externally.
- Treating people fairly, with respect, impartiality, and consistency.
- Maintain professionalism in all situations.
- Lead by example and is a Role Model for the department.
- This will be a dual role working approximately 50% of the time on core operational tasks and 50% carrying out training.
- Create the right workplace culture and environment by motivating and continually developing the team to pursue quality in their work and maximise operational performance.
- To help maintain high morale and motivation within operational area.
- 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays for professional services.
- For customer services, warehouse, transport and internal projects, 21 days’ starting plus bank holidays, with an extra day added for each year of service, capped at 25 days;
- Auto enrolment government pension scheme;
- 4 x salary life assurance;
- Private healthcare salary sacrifice scheme;
- Buying and selling of annual leave available;
- Financial support programme available;
- Access to an employee assistance programme;
- Quarterly nights out with the team, paid for up to £25 per head;
- Discounted gym membership at the Hilton doubletrees;
- Christmas party and Summer Family Fun Day;
- Discounted travel prices on Arriva public transport in Kent;
- Contributory defined contribution pension scheme;
- Premium watch such as rolex for 10 year’s service;
- Fabulous working conditions www.bathroombrands.com/behind-the-scenes
To apply for this role, please send your CV and a Covering Letter to [email protected].