Safety, Training & Quality Manager
Brief summary of duties
The Safety, Training and Quality Manager (STQ) is a member of Logistics leadership team reporting to the General Manager and is responsible for the efficient and effective delivery of the safety, training and quality agenda for the department.
The ideal candidate is an individual leader with proven experience in delivering business improvements across functions and to different audiences. This role requires strong presence and experience facilitating and delivering within a logistics environment across 3 shift patterns to both warehouse colleagues and drivers.
The STQ Manager will be responsible for the process of coaching, mentoring, and developing new and existing warehouse operatives and drivers’ roles. Working with the Operations Manager and Transport Manager’s support, this role will encompass personal development plans up to and including Shift Lead level.
A key element of this role will be to ensure the team are aligned to the moral and ethical standards expected from them within a diverse working environment and across varying shift patterns. There is a need to build effective long-term relationships with the team by applying your expertise and visible commitment to helping them ‘become the best they can be’.
A pivotal and expansive position, within a fast growing, fast paced, friendly organisation.
Key areas of responsibility
- Ownership of Incident & Accident reporting using the Connected Safety technology.
- Management of the key risk control standards within the logistics operation ensuring full compliance.
- Be informed of developments in safety legislation & technology, ensuring the business is informed and demonstrating best practice.
- Internal development, co-ordination, implementation, and evaluation of training activities across operations.
- Attract, select, and develop career Warehouse professionals and retain core skilled staff.
- Conduct training and educational programs, on-the-job training, and colleague orientation
- Maintain records for training programs, including evaluations and employee participation.
- Assists in evaluation of external training programs and materials.
- Gathers and discusses colleague training needs supported with quarterly GAP analysis.
- Work collaboratively with I.T staff to develop systems knowledge translating into training topics and material.
- Recruitment & Retention - recruiting the ‘right team’ through comprehensive selection process, implementing detailed induction processes that are uniform, consistent, and relevant. Fully focused quality training so the team feel proud and accountable adding value to the business and care culture. Frequent one to ones taking ownership of individual aspirations while mindful of headcount ownership and dealing with underperformance effectively as required.
- Retention - Retain and develop detailed training plans for interim staff through to long service team members ensuring each individual has a personal development path to meet their own goals and work life ambitions.
- Quality – Ownership of the quality of our outputs, quality score cards and appropriate colleague/business measures. Own, review and develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) with Shift Leads, Supervisors and importantly team input.
- Development & ownership of an internal audit process to include all elements of the Logistics operation
- Continuous Improvement – Agreeing the KPI targets with the General Manager and ownership of the of developing and monitoring progress against the annual development plans in conjunction with the Shift Managers.
- Demonstrates a passion for safety, quality & people.
- Identifies and acts on opportunities to improve, tools, skills, systems, and processes.
- Sees development of team (in alignment with business objectives) as a highest priority.
- Experience of Quality Management systems essential (i.e., ISO 9002)
- Understands the HR policies and processes and how these are aligned to quality to develop and train staff in best practice.
- NEBOSH General Diploma advantageous, IOSH Managing safety is essential.
- Achieves objectives as agreed relating to Operational & Quality targets set by the General Manager.
Collaboration & Teamwork
- Works collaboratively to ensure the department objectives are achieved.
- Demonstrates the Crosswater core values and cultures
- To protect and promote the organisations reputation internally and externally
- Treating people fairly, with respect, impartiality, and consistency
- Maintains professionalism in all situations
- Leads by example and is a Role Model for the department.
- Reflects on team culture, behaviours, and performance to identify strengths and weaknesses (SWOT) within the department and then work with management to improve.
- Creates the right workplace culture and environment by motivating and continually developing the team to pursue quality in their work and maximise operational performance.
- To help maintain high morale and motivation within the operations area.
- To implement agreed coaching programmes providing consistent mentoring and support to ensure the on-going development against required competencies.
Skills & Experience
- Excellent people coaching & development skills - must be able to manage tasks and objectives through people. Change management capabilities.
- Strong operational experience within a warehousing/logistics environment.
- Proven ability to be confident in communicating and networking at all levels.
- Good presentation and influencing skills – the ability to convince others of a point of view, or position to gain others support.
- Self-motivated with a proactive approach and demonstrates a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Ability to focus on solutions rather than problems.
- Proven track record on delivering quality outputs as a priority.
- Achievement & Drive.
- 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays for professional services.
- For customer services, warehouse, transport and internal projects, 21 days’ starting plus bank holidays, with an extra day added for each year of service, capped at 25 days;
- Auto enrolment government pension scheme;
- 4 x salary life assurance;
- Private healthcare salary sacrifice scheme;
- Buying and selling of annual leave available;
- Financial support programme available;
- Access to an employee assistance programme;
- Quarterly nights out with the team, paid for up to £25 per head;
- Discounted gym membership at the Hilton doubletrees;
- Christmas party and Summer Family Fun Day;
- Discounted travel prices on Arriva public transport in Kent;
- Contributory defined contribution pension scheme;
- Premium watch such as rolex for 10 year’s service;
- Fabulous working conditions www.bathroombrands.com/behind-the-scenes
To apply for this role, please send your CV and a Covering Letter to [email protected].